Center for Diversity & Inclusion
RWJ’s Center for Diversity and Inclusion works to ensure that diversity and inclusion are woven into the fabric of everything we do. The center partners with our senior leaders, partnership councils, business resource groups, internal business units, and the community to impact our organization, empower employees, enrich the patient experience, engage the communities we serve, and support RWJ’s efforts to eliminate health disparities. Our inclusion vision is to create the ideal experience for everyone who enters our doors. Our patients, families, physicians, and employees have the right to choose where they receive care and work. We want them to choose RWJ—where everyone matters.
Our Strategic Objectives:
- Access: Ensure access to culturally competent care for patients and families. Ensure access to employment opportunities at RWJ.
- Inclusion: Ensure the processes, guidelines, policies, and culture that create the ideal experience for patients, families, and employees.
- Diversity: Ensure our workforce and patients populations are reflective of our communities.
- Equity: Ensure fair and just treatment towards everyone who enters our doors. Increase health equity and eliminate health disparities.
Through partnerships with our senior leaders, employees, and community partners, we are hardwiring inclusion reliability by focusing on the following impact areas:
- Human Capital—Employees Matter. Make better use of our employees’ diversity. Further develop and engage our internal talent pipeline. Recruit best and brightest employees for our team.
- Clinical Experience—Patients Matter. Advance health equity by embedding cultural competence and linguistic effectiveness into our patient delivery model
- Communities—Social Responsibility Matters. Strengthen external workforce pipeline. Promote healthy living and healthier lifestyles.
- Corporation—Organizational Commitment Matters. Ensure policies that support the diversity of our workforce. Leverage diversity to enhance business results.
- Culture—Dignity and Kindness Matter. Foster a culture of dignity and fairness for everyone who enters our doors. Promote diversity awareness and education.
Committees & Councils
Interested in learning more about diversity & inclusion at Robert Wood Johnson? Contact Us.