Maternity at Somerset Campus
Because we know how special the birth of each baby is and how unique each family is, we want every birth at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset to reflect the very personal needs and preferences of each family. With state-of-the-art technology and our exceptional art of caring, we look forward to sharing one of the most joyous experiences in a lifetime ... the birth of your baby.
The Mother-Baby Pavilion at RWJ Somerset provides a wide-range of services and programs for expectant and new moms as well as their babies, including:
• Counseling with Maternal-Fetal Medicine
staff and perinatologist
• A Comprehensive Diabetes Center
that offers pregnancy and post partum counseling
• A Family Practice Center with physicians dedicated to obstetrics and family care
• Anesthesiology coverage dedicated to obstetrics
• Level II Intermediate Care Nursery staffed 24/7 by a board-certified neonatologist and specially trained nurses
• Lactation consultant for inpatient and outpatient visits
• Convenient post-partum and infant care classes given on the maternity pavilion during your stay to get you ready for discharge
• Childbirth education featuring a wide-range of topics for parents, siblings, and grandparents
We take pride in the personal attention and individuality that is the hallmark of the maternity experience at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset. We never forget that we are privileged to be part of the wonder of birth. And we would be delighted to share the joy of the birth of your baby.
Our hospital’s trusted relationship with the Regional Perinatal Center
at RWJ in New Brunswick offers patients and their family’s access to advanced specialty care in areas like maternal-fetal medicine, high-risk pregnancies, neonatology, and more. The Regional Perinatal Center is also home to the state’s only academic pediatric health campus, which includes a diagnosis and research facility, an inpatient children’s hospital and an outpatient rehabilitation hospital just for kids.
Please know that we provide the highest-quality patient care. We focus on individualized care for you and your baby and our entire team goes above and beyond to work closely with you throughout your maternity experience.
We look forward to providing you and your family with excellent care and are always interested in your feedback.
Important Numbers to Know
Childbirth Education Classes:
Labor and Delivery Unit:
To find a physician:
1-888-MD-RWJUH or 1-888-637-9584