Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is committed to partnering with NJ Sharing Network to increase organ and tissue education and awareness.
Through organ and tissue donation and transplantation, the New Jersey Organ and Tissue Sharing Network (NJ Sharing Network) saves lives, gives hope, and restores physical function. NJ Sharing Network is also dedicated to educating the public about the benefits of donation and transplantation and supporting both donor families and transplant recipients.
Reasons to register today and save a life:
• Nationwide, there are over 115,000 people waiting for a life-saving transplant. 18 people die each day waiting on this list.
• The decision to be an organ and tissue donor will in no way affect the level of medical care for a sick or injured person. The team of doctors and nurses involved in treating the patient are not involved with the transplant/recovery team, which is only involved after death has occurred.
• People of all ages and medical histories can be potential donors and the need is greater than ever.
• All major religions support organ and tissue donation.
• You must renew your decision to be a donor every time your license or state ID expires.
Register as an organ and tissue donor at your local Motor Vehicle Agency or online at www.NJSharingNetwork.org
. It is important to share this decision with your family.
For more information on how to get involved, visit www.NJSharingNetwork.org