The Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset Speaker’s Bureau is a free service available to groups and organizations of 25 or more individuals looking for a physician or health care professional to provide a presentation on a specific health topic.
Available topics include:
• Advanced Directives and Living Wills
• Allergies and Asthma
• Arthritis (i.e. osteoarthritis, arthritis and exercise, etc.)
• Back Problems
• Breast Care Issues
• Cancer Topics (i.e. Pink Party, Colorectal Cancer Prevention, lung, etc.)
• Caregiver (resources, compassionate fatigue, etc.)
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Communicable Diseases
• Complementary Medicine (i.e. acupuncture, massage therapy, etc.)
• CPR & First Aid
• Diabetes (pre-diabetes, A1c, etc.)
• Diet & Nutrition (i.e. 5-A-Day BINGO, food safety, vitamins/supplements, lecture, etc.)
• Driver Safety (lecture only)
• Elder Abuse
• Fall Prevention
• Foot Care
• GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disorder)
• Health Crossword/Health Jeopardy
• Heart Issues (inc. blood pressure/cholesterol)
• Home Safety
• Joint Replacement Surgery (i.e. What To Expect, hip, knees, etc.)
• Lung Disorders (i.e. pneumonia, sinusitis, cancer, COPD, etc.)
• Memory Enhancement (I Remember BINGO, lecture/games, etc.)
• Men’s Health Issues
• Mental Health Issues
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Robotic Surgery (inc. prostate, kidney, colorectal, endometrial, etc.)
• Sleep Disorders (inc. Pajama Party, apnea, insomnia, How to Get a Good Night’s Rest)
• Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset (i.e. What We Offer, What to Expect When In Hospital)
• Swallowing Disorders
• Urgent Care
• Weight loss/maintenance
• Wellness - General
• Wholeness in Mind, Body and Spirit
• Women’s Health Issues (i.e. menopause, breast cancer, etc.)
• Women and Heart Disease
In addition, RWJUH Somerset sponsors the Magic Mirror Players (formerly known as the Mental Health Players), a group of volunteer actors who portray real-life issues through dramatic presentations that use improvisational and role-playing techniques. The Magic Mirror Players perform free of charge to organizations, schools, corporations and groups, and presentations are customized for the audience.
*This list represents presentations that are commonly provided. RWJUH Somerset can also customize presentations to meet your needs. Even if there's a topic not listed, please call us at 908-595-2345.
1. RWJUH Somerset will provide no more than 4 speakers a year per organization at no expense.
2. An audience of 20 or more individuals is REQUIRED.
3. RWJUH Somerset will not provide speakers on topics for programs it is currently offering.