The Vascular Laboratory at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset offers state-of-the-art ultrasound and Doppler technology to test for diseases of the blood vessels, including peripheral artery disease and carotid artery disease. All tests are performed outside the body and are painless.
- Carotid Ultrasound or Carotid Doppler looks at arteries in the neck.
- Arterial Doppler/Pulse Volume Recording (PVR) of the Upper and Lower Extremities uses a blood pressure cuff to test circulation in the arteries.
- Venous Duplex/Ultrasound looks at veins in the arms or legs.
- Transcrainial Duplex/Ultrasound looks at arteries in the brain.
- Aorta/Arterial Duplex/Ultrasound looks at the aorta in the heart or other arteries to find an aneurysm in the abdomen, arms or legs.
- Renal Duplex/Ultrasound looks at arteries in the kidneys.
- Laser Doppler uses a tiny low-power laser to measure the pressure of the arteries to learn how fast wounds in the arms or legs will heal.
The Vascular Laboratory also performs testing for men's health problems such as erectile dysfunction (ED).
The Vascular Laboratory is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories, demonstrating our dedication to the highest level of quality. The Laboratory’s Technical Coordinator is a Registered Vascular Technologist by the American Register for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
For More Information
Testing in the Vascular Laboratory requires a prescription from a physician. If you need a physician, call Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset’s free physician referral service at 1-888-MD-RWJUH (1-888-637-9584). To schedule an appointment, call 908-685-2949. After your appointment is scheduled, please call Pre-Registration at 908-704-3745 or register online.